- Home Page
- Understanding Literacy
- Find Help
- Our Solutions
- Get Involved
- The Coalition
- Site Map
Literacy programs welcome you to join their organization as a literacy instructor and/or tutor. As a volunteer:
- You do not necessarily need to have any previous experience. Most programs will train you on their curriculum and procedures.
- You should have good reading and writing skills in English.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to tutor at most of our literacy programs.
- You may need to complete a background check at some literacy programs.
- You will need to consider the time commitment and schedule of the literacy program. Programs typically meet 1-2 days per week and operate either year-round or on a school calendar year.
- You need a love for reading, helping people, and developing a positive learning environment/atmosphere for adults.
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.